A setup CD is provided with every Linksys advance router and using that setup CD you can easily manage the advance settings for your Linksys router and you can easily configure your device for advance settings. In any case you have lost the configuration CD you can manage configuration for device without using that configuration CD. We are going to explain the steps for configuring your Linksys router without using setup CD. You so do not need to worry in any case you have lost the setup CD for your device.
Linksys Setup without using Setup CD | Linksys Router Configurations
- Once you go for the support site for Linksys devices, you will need to search your device using the search box.
- You fill find that a new window is provided including “User Guide” and “Download/Firmware”.
- You will need to select “Download/Firmware” option.
- From the given options you will need to select “Hardware Version” for the option.
- Click on “Download” option after selecting setup software for computer system.
- You have to agree for the “User License” and go for the next step.
- You can save this software at any desire location at your computer system like your download folder.
- Now you will need to access “Linksys Connect” setup from your computer system.
- Click on license and after that click on “Next” option.
- You will see some online instructions simply for Linksys setup follow these instructions and simply click on “Next” option.
- Your device will automatically generate router name and login password for your device. Do not worry, you can change this network name and login password easily.
- Your DSL connection will be automatically find by Linksys setup software. Click on “Next” option.
- At final stage you will see a window that will show complete steps for device configurations.
- If the information is correct you will need to click on “OK” button.
These are the simple steps for Linksys setup without using setup CD. After configuring your Linksys router login page you can go for all other possible advance settings for your Linksys device. From the website pages you can get more information for 192.168.1 1 Linksys setup, Cisco Linksys router login, Linksys log into router, http //myrouter.local, myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 and Linksys setup.
Linksys Setup Guest Account using myrouter.local 192.168.1.1
Using myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 web utility you can easily manage all advance settings for your Linksys router and managing guest account is one such advance configuration you can manage using Linksys router login page. Using guest account setup you will allow to configure a separate account for your guests and family members. You can easily manage wifi access for your guests using guest account access Linksys setup but for that you will need to make login access myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 address using web address at your computer system. We are going to explain the simple steps you will need to follow so you can easily configure guest account for your Linksys router.
Steps for Configuring Guest Account using Linksys Connect Utility | Linksys Setup
- Access Linksys router login page using myrouter.local address. Remember, myrouter.local is the default registered address that is used to manage the login access for your Linksys routers.
- After making successful login for myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 web page, you will need to select “Guest Access” option under “Wireless” tab.
- Using the radio button you will need to enable the “Guest Account” access for your device.
- For accessing guest account, a default password will be generated Linksys setup and you can change this default guest account password for your Linksys setup page.
- After changing the password, you will need to click on “Save Settings” option and save all the settings you have made.
These are the simple steps for managing the guest account access for your Linksys advance routers. After managing guest account for myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 Linksys setup router, you can relax because your guest will be allowed with limited internet access. You can also disable guest account for your Linksys connect. After disabling guest account for your device all family members will allowed with same internet permissions.
Steps for Disabling Guest Account for Linksys Router Login Page | Linksys Setup
- First, you will need to access Linksys router login page using default login address. you can use myrouter.local web address for accessing Linksys setup page.
- In the address bar of your web browser you will need to fill myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 web address and once you press enter key you will need to fill user name and password.
- Under “Wireless” tab you can select “Guest Access” tab.
- Using the radio button you can easily disable the guest account for your Linksys router.
These are the steps for disabling guest account for your device. You can also explore the website and manage advance settings for Cisco Linksys router login, my router login Linksys, Linksys connect, myrouter.local 192.168.1.1, Linksys setup and Linksys router setup.
How to check the firmware version for Linksys smart router | Linksys setup
You have to make sure that latest firmware are reflected for your Linksys WiFi routers because updating the firmware for Linksys router is must for smooth working for your Linksys router. If you do not update your Linksys router for latest firmware, you will face Linksys Router Login issues in future. While updating the firmware for your Linksys setup router, you must know about the firmware version for your firmware file you are going to reflect for your device. We are going to explain the steps you will need to follow so you can know about the hardware version for your Linksys firmware file available for you.
Here are the Steps to Know About the Hardware Version for Linksys Setup Routers
- Using myrouter.local web address you will need to access Linksys router login page. If you are not getting login access for Linksys router setup page, you can also use 192.168.1 1 Linksys setup IP address for your router.
- When you asked for the login details, fill user name and password for your Linksys router login page.
- After successful login for Linksys router login page, go for “Firmware Version” option from the upper right corner. This is the latest firmware version for your Linksys router.
These are the simple steps to know about the latest hardware version for your Linksys firmware file. Now we are going to explain the steps you will need to follow if you want Linksys setup to know about the firmware version using Linksys connect utility.
- If you are using windows 7 then first you will need to click on window option and from there select Linksys connect utility.
- From the Linksys connect screen you will need to click on “Router Settings” option.
- From “Other Options” you will find “Router Details” option.
- From there you can easily find the hardware version for your Linksys router Linksys setup firmware using the Linksys connects utility.
You can also explore website and receive more details regarding 192.168.1 1 Linksys setup, cisco Linksys router login, router login Linksys, Linksys router login page, Linksys smart router login, my router login Linksys, Linksys connect, Linksys log into router, and http //myrouter.local
Linksys setup for Security Measures
Wireless security is always required for Linksys router login page because using these advance securities you will be able to make sure that the data packets you are sending from one node to another node are totally safe. If proper security is managed for your Linksys Setup router than you can make sure that no one expect you will be able to make login access for your Linksys router. A unique security measure is always beneficial for 192.168.1 1 Linksys setup page.
Here are the Steps for Settings Wireless Security for Devices
- First you will need to make login access for your Linksys router login page using myrouter.local web address. 192.168.1.1 Linksys setup is the default IP you can use for Linksys router login access.
- After login to Linksys setup page, you will need to select “Manual” option using the radio button. You will need to select this option for “Configuration View” under “Wireless”.
- There will be 4 possible options you can find for securing your Linksys router. These options are WEP, WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal and WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode.
- If you want to reflect WPA2/WPA security for your device, you will need to select “WPA2/WPA” option for security. Then you will need to fill the password for your device.
- Simply click on “Save Settings” option and save all the security options you have made.
- In same way, if you want to select “WPA2 Personal” option for your device, you will need to select this option for your device.
- You will need to fill the password for your device and click on “Save Settings” option.
These are the very simple steps you will need to follow you can manage the security measures for device. Settings up this security measure totally depend upon the device you are currently using at your end.